Work with us!
Want to work with VEGA? We are often seeking to hire part-time paid interns and consultants and full-time fellows and staff to work in our home office in Washington, D.C.
VEGA is led by a tightly knit team of dedicated staff who are passionate about volunteering, economic growth and collaboration.
Apply for a full-time position
There are no available positions currently.
Intern with us
Part-time interns work with the Programs, Business Development, and Communications & Advocacy teams at VEGA on integrated projects for up to 20 hours per week. Our internships are hands-on and and a great way to get involved in the D.C. international development community.
Interns receive an hourly wage and 100 percent Metro transportation reimbursement. Most internships last 4-6 months and hours are flexible. Applications are considered on a rolling basis and you are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. If you are interested in working with VEGA as an intern, please send a letter of inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are no available intern positions currently.
Become a consultant for us
VEGA frequently hires fee-based and pro bono consultants to work with us on a part-time basis on adhoc projects. These project might include proposal development, research, or knowledge management. If you are interested in working with VEGA as a part-time consultant, please send a letter of inquiry to email@example.com.
Available Position Descriptions
Evaluation Committee Specialist
Start Date: Varies
Volunteers for Economic Growth Alliance (VEGA) seeks qualified individuals to serve on proposal evaluation committees. Selected applicants will be placed on a roster and contacted when requests for application are submitted to VEGA. Evaluators will be offered an honorarium of $500. Each committee will be comprised of 3 evaluators, including a representative of the program funder. Please be aware that an opportunity may not arise for several months. VEGA will contact a short-list of candidates on a rolling basis to check on availability and answer questions about the process.
All members of the Evaluation Committee must:
- Sign a VEGA Proposal Evaluation Committee Non-Disclosure and Non-Bias Agreement.
- Adhere to the provided Guidelines for VEGA Proposal Evaluation Committee Members.
- Not be affiliated (a current/past employee, consultant, or volunteer) with VEGA Alliance Members.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required; Master’s degree preferred;
- At least ten years of diverse experience in the fields of economic development or health required, with knowledge of technical areas and/or current trends preferred;
- Prior work experience abroad required;
- Fluency in English required;
- Experience contributing to USAID proposals and/or program implementation preferred;
- Experience participating in a proposal evaluation team preferred;
- Familiarity with USAID preferred.
To apply, please send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Evaluation Committee Specialist in the subject field. Please no phone calls. Thank you for your time and consideration in advance.