To learn more about Farmer-to-Farmer visit:
The Farmer-to-Farmer (F2F) Program promotes sustainable economic growth, food security and agricultural development worldwide. Volunteer technical assistance from US farmers, agribusinesses, cooperatives, and universities helps developing countries improve productivity, access new markets, build local capacity, combat climate change and conserve environmental and natural resources. F2F volunteers work with farmers, producer groups, rural businesses and service providers to develop local capacity necessary to increase food production and rural incomes, expand economic growth, and address environmental and natural resource management challenges. This people-to-people exchange promotes international goodwill, understanding of US foreign assistance programs and private involvement in development activities.
VEGA implements the Farmer-to-Farmer Special Program Support Project (SPSP) to test innovative approaches for use of volunteers, draw from non-traditional volunteer sources, develop capacity of non-traditional volunteer organizations, and address niche agricultural sector problems. Special projects will be implemented by voluntary technical assistance organizations as sub-awards.
Farmer-to-Farmer Program Development Projects:
- FAVACA – Jamaican Sustainable Farm Enterprise Program; Contact- Demian Pasquarelli
- Purdue University – Farmer-to-Farmer in Colombia’s Orinoquia Region; Contact- Emma Charlebois
- International Executive Service Corps (IESC) – Improving Food Safety Systems Contact- Andrea Patrick
Current F2F SPSP Small Grant Projects:
- Development Solutions International (DSI) – Mongolia; Contact – Holly Kinzie
- Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University (FAMU) – India; Contact – Harriett Paul
- Florida Atlantic University (FAMU) – Kenya; Contact – Marty Riche
- National Cooperative Business Association CLUSA International (NCBA CLUSA) – Madagascar; Contact – Virginia Bunker
- USAID’s MANAGING INTERNATIONAL VOLUNTEER PROGRAMS (2016): A Farmer-to-Farmer Program Manual of Good Practices
We are happy to answer your questions and speak with you about Farmer-to-Farmer opportunities.
Farmer-to-Farmer SPSP, Program Director
Farmer-to-Farmer Agreement Officer Representative (USAID)