To learn more about Farmer-to-Farmer visit:
The Farmer-to-Farmer (F2F) Program promotes sustainable economic growth, food security and agricultural development worldwide. Volunteer technical assistance from US farmers, agribusinesses, cooperatives, and universities helps developing countries improve productivity, access new markets, build local capacity, combat climate change and conserve environmental and natural resources. F2F volunteers work with farmers, producer groups, rural businesses and service providers to develop local capacity necessary to increase food production and rural incomes, expand economic growth, and address environmental and natural resource management challenges. This people-to-people exchange promotes international goodwill, understanding of US foreign assistance programs and private involvement in development activities.
- Quality, cost effective technical assistance from practical, experienced specialists
- Capacity development and technology transfer in focused value chain or sector support area
- Citizen diplomacy that establishes long term relations, promotes goodwill, and raises understanding of international development issues.
Who Implements the Program?
The core Farmer-to-Farmer programs are implemented under LWA Cooperative Agreements. Each Agreement funds core country Farmer-to-Farmer programs in a defined geographic region, but also allows for global access for Associate Awards using voluntary technical assistance in agricultural development. You can download the capabilities statements for the LWA holders:
- ACDI/VOCA – core country programs in West Africa and in Europe, the Caucasus, and Central Asia; Contact – Catherine Alston
- Catholic Relief Services – core country programs in East Africa; Contact – Bruce White
- CNFA – core country programs in Southern Africa; Contact – Daney Jackson
- Land O’Lakes – core country programs in the Middle East and North Africa; Contact – Dean Smith
- Partners of the Americas – core country programs in the Caribbean Basin; Contact – Peggy Carlson
- Winrock International – core country programs in Asia and in West Africa agricultural education and training; Contact - Nona Fisher
- Volunteers for Economic Growth Alliance – Special Program Support Project (SPSP); Contact – Eric Wallace
Farmer-to-Farmer includes a Special Program Support Project (SPSP) to test innovative approaches for use of volunteers, draw from non-traditional volunteer sources, develop capacity of non-traditional volunteer organizations, and address niche agricultural sector problems. Special projects will be implemented by voluntary technical assistance organizations as sub-awards.
Farmer-to-Farmer Program Development Projects:
- FAVACA- Jamaican Sustainable Farm Enterprise Program; Contact- Demian Pasquarelli
- Purdue University-Farmer-to-Farmer (F2F) in Colombia’s Orinoquia Region; Contact-Andrea Burniske
- Veterinarians without Borders- Syndromic Surveillance for Livestock Health; Contact- Tom Graham
Farmer-to-Farmer Small Grant Projects:
- Africare-Zambia; Contact- Noubia Gribi
- Browse and Grass Growers Cooperative-Mali; Contact- Judith Moses
- FAMU- Haiti; Contact- Harriett Paul
- NCBA CLUSA- Zambia; Contact- Jane Podolsky
- Tennessee State University- Bangladesh; Contact- Dilip Nandwani
Want to Be a Farmer-to-Farmer Volunteer?
Visit the implementing partners’ websites for more information about specific opportunities.
We are happy to answer your questions and speak with you about Farmer-to-Farmer opportunities.
Farmer-to-Farmer SPSP, Program Director
Farmer-to-Farmer Agreement Officer Representative (USAID)